Maintaining your home’s value is important for when you potentially sell it in the future, and it can be vital for your personal health and wellness. Don’t feel daunted by this responsibility! Here’s your ultimate yearly home maintenance list for monthly, quarterly and yearly upkeep.
- Clean kitchen disposal with diswashing detergent and a combination of salt and ice cubes. Follow these steps!
- Vaccuum out excess lint from the dyer vent. Follow these steps!
- Dust all of your surfaces. Your sinuses will thank you!
- Test the batteries in your fire and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they’re still working.
- Replace your air filter, or at least check whether it needs to be replaced, each month.
- Descale your coffee maker to remove any build up for a fresh brew. Follow these steps!
- Check the salt levels in your water softener.
- Clear out your gutters to remove and debris left from storms.
- Flush unused toilets and run water through unused sinks to avoid grime build up.
- Clean your windows and screens to keep the sun shining in dirt-free.
- Service your air conditioning unit and hire a professional to remove dust and debris from your air ducts.
- Check for termites or bug infestation, especially in the attic or basement.
- Inspect your roof for leaks and damage and hire a professional to fix any issues.
- Check your faucets, toilets and pipes for leaks.
Every 5-10 Years
- Seal cracks in your driveway to make your exterior look better and avoid major safety issues down the road.
- Recaulk bathroom grout or window sealant to prevent mold, help save on energy an more.
- Paint your exterior to cover up external damage that can happen over time.
Download our yearly home maintenance checklist and keep it handy to keep up with your projects.